24 hour blood pressure monitor
We provide a 24 hour blood pressure monitoring service. By measuring your blood pressure at regular intervals over 24 hours, you will get a clearer picture of how your blood pressure changes throughout the day. It is a more accurate reading of your blood pressure across 24 hours, instead of a single snapshot at a particular point in the day. You may benefit from our 24 hour blood pressure monitoring service if:
- Your doctor has recommended that 24 hour blood pressure monitoring would be useful for you.
- You have previously been diagnosed with high blood pressure and you or your doctor wish to see if steps taken have brought your blood pressure under control (e.g. lifestyle changes or blood pressure medication)
- You suffer from ‘White Coat’ hypertension which means that you may get a temporary high blood pressure reading while you are at the doctor’s surgery because you are nervous or stressed.
- You or a member of your family has high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
- You or your doctor want to find out if you have high blood pressure at night. High blood pressure while sleeping is considered a high risk for heart disease.
How does the 24 hour blood pressure monitoring service work?
- A member of our pharmacy team will fit a lightweight monitor to your waist which is connected to a cuff on your arm.
Every thirty minutes the cuff will inflate and squeeze your arm as it takes your blood pressure.
- After 24 hours you will return to your pharmacy where a member of the pharmacy team will remove the monitor and cuff and download your results
- The results will show a graph illustrating your blood pressure during the 24 hour period. Your results will be explained to you by your pharmacy team member and you will be given a copy of the report to bring to your doctor.
- A member of your pharmacy team can carry out a once-off blood pressure check in our consultation room free of charge and advise you on your result.
You can book in for a 24 hour blood pressure monitoring service, by clicking the button below. The 24 hour blood pressure monitoring is subject to appointment and specially trained staff. The cost of this service is €50.
We do offer a free “snap shot” blood pressure check. This is one reading of your blood pressure if you are feeling unwell or just want it checked. This service is a walk in service.